Friday, February 18, 2005

Poker Game - The Law's House

I played in two $20 no-limit games.

First game: It was early in the tourney, and I was delt K-Qs in the big blind. The UTG position raised to 10x the big blind. It was folded to me, I called. Flop was K-x-x. Check-Check. Turn was another K. I decided to get tricky and check. He checked. River was and 8. I decided to bet double the opening bet. He re-raised double my bet. DOH! I called he flipped over two 8's. I couldn't come back from that. Moral of story: Don't slow-play.

Second game: Took early chip lead with good cards and aggressive play. We had one guy who was late, so we were folding his blinds. I got a good read on KT (that's right, punk) and took some serious chips from him. We whittled it down to 4, and the late guy showed up (A-Bomb). Then there were 3 of us. I had the late guy short-stacked, then he doubled through me twice in a row. That put me in the short stack. I crawled back a bit, but then it was 1am and we decided to chop 3-way. By the way, you owe me $20, Ford.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home