Monday, February 21, 2005

Big Wifeless Weekend

So, I had a productive and fun weekend.

Mainly, I worked on my bathroom. I got the tub in (thanks boys!), the new faucet plumbed, and some Durock up. A lot of work, but rewarding.

The poker game went well, despite the rough start Friday night. Friday, I play 3 4-handed tourneys. I decided to put two of the guys in the rookie category and play loose-passive. What a disaster! The third guy was pretty good and knocked me out 3 times! Moral: Don't play loose-passive.

Saturday night was much better. I play solid the first game (9 handed), and ended up splitting 3-way. The second game was more exciting. My cards were rotten until it got down to 4, then all I had to do was outlast 1 guy to finish in the $, which I did. I then won a few pots, when the middle stack got taken out by the big. I offered a chop with the big stack, be he obviously wasn't interested. Instead, I doubled through him a few times, and was able to pull off some good bluffs (sorry, D). I ended up taking the big stack out for a win, and a Ben Franklin. Yeah Poker!

Unfortunately, my wife was not too pleased with the odor of the house. I'm in big trouble when I return from NM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home