Thursday, March 31, 2005

Poker Game - E's place

Well, due to my first-born being so late, I was able to squeeze one more poker game in before the big event. Here's how it went:

It was a large game, 14 players @ $20. Unlimited re-buys in the first hour. Top 3 got $$. I was seated with a bunch of tight players, so no one got busted out early. I managed to keep my stack about even until we combined tables. When I sat down, one guy from the other table had knocked out one player twice, and 3 others at least once. He had a MONSTER stack. It was like 200, 300, 400, 500, 500, 700, and 20,000 in chips. This guy was incredibly lucky. He knocked out 3 guys in a row, 3 hands in a row, when he went into the flop a serious underdog. I saw him make hands with only 4 outs on each of the 3 hands. We're talking going all-in with hands like 8-5off, and hitting a straight on the river every hand!

Anyways, I was short-stacked when it was down to 4, only one away from the $. The chip leader was to my left, and he wouldn't call any of my all-ins. I don't blame him, I like to put on a "super tight" facade when I'm playing with these guys. So, I finally catch a hand, KK. I decided to slow-play these, since I wasn't getting any love from my all-in bets. So, I just called, and so did the SB and BB. Flop was rags. Turn was a rag. Both went check-check. So now, I've got a tiny pot, and an ugly board. There were two spades on the board after the turn, and the BB made a minimum bet. I called and so did the chip leader.

The river: Ace of Spades. Damn! Now, my opponents either have aces or a flush (more likely a big-blind special flush). Chip leader checked, and the BB went all-in! I was 100% sure this guy had an ace. He's a rock, and his hand was shaking so bad I thought he had parkinson's. So, I laid down pocket kings. Toughest lay down I've ever made, but I'm sure it was the right call.

Well, I didn't make it when I went all-in about 2 hands later on a flush draw. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home